The Porcupine Health Unit is reporting one new COVID-19 case among residents in the health unit's coverage area.
Case No. 101 is someone in Timmins who had contact with a confirmed case, the health unit said Monday. The person is self-isolating at home.
"If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and complete the on-line COVID-19 Self-Assessment to determine your next steps," the health unit said.
If testing is required, seek testing through one of the assessment centres across Ontario. You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-267-1181 or toll-free at 1-800-461-1818.
To reduce the risk of exposure, the health unit recommends taking these measures:
- Screen regularly for symptoms.
- Stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice two metres physical distancing.
- Wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained with anyone outside your household.