Record-breaking $70M jackpot for Tuesday's Lotto Max draw
The jackpot for Tuesday's Lotto Max draw will be a record-breaking $70 million.
And an estimated 47 Maxmillions prizes will also be available, bringing the total prize pool to $117 million.
Previous record jackpots across the prairie region include:
- Alberta: $65 million – October 2019 (Calgary);
- Saskatchewan: $60 million – August 2016 (Neville);
- Manitoba: $60 million – January 2021 (Winnipeg);
- Northwest Territories: $55 million – June 2020 (Yellowknife), and
- Yukon: $25 million – November 2013 (Faro).
To put $70 million in perspective, the most expensive home sold in Calgary last year was $3.8 million (according to the Calgary Real Estate Board), meaning you could buy it 18 times over.
And with a median price of $478,000, the winner could buy home in Calgary for themselves, and 145 of their friends and family members. In Edmonton, with an average price of $465,000, the winner could buy a home for themselves and 149 of their friends and family members.