Structure fire on the 500 block of Indian Road, seen on Saturday February 20, 2021 (Sarnia Fire Rescue)

Sarnia Fire Rescue responded to an overnight house fire on the 500 block of India road, 12:30 a.m. on Saturday in Sarnia.

Fire crews say working smoke alarms provided early detection and a safe escape for occupants.

 

.@SarniaFire responded to a structure fire on the 500 block of Indian Road at approx 12:30AM and performed another quick knock down. Working smoke alarms in the residence provided early detection and a safe escape by the occupants. No injuries. Working smoke alarms save lives! pic.twitter.com/tXSds3Aj1Z

— Sarnia Fire Rescue (@SarniaFire) February 20, 2021

There were no injuries reported.

Sarnia Fire Rescue are reminding residents "working smoke alarms save lives."