Seasonal week ahead in Windsor-Essex weather
Environment Canada is calling for seasonal temperatures and a mix of sun and cloud in Windsor-Essex this week.
The forecaster says it will be cloudy on Monday with a 30 per cent chance of showers early in the morning. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High 16C. UV index 3 or moderate.
It will be mainly cloudy Monday night with a low of 7C.
Here’s the forecast for the rest of the week:
- Tuesday..cloudy. A few showers beginning early in the morning. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h in the morning. High 12C. UV index 3 or moderate. Tuesday night..periods of rain. Low 9C.
- Wednesday..sunny. High 17C. Wednesday night..clear. Low 5C.
- Thursday..sunny. High 20C.Thursday night..cloudy periods. Low 7C.
- Friday..a mix of sun and cloud with 40 per cent chance of showers. High 16. Friday night..cloudy periods with 40 per cent chance of showers. Low 7C.
- Saturday..a mix of sun and cloud. High 16C. Saturday night..cloudy periods. Low 6C.
- Sunday..a mix of sun and cloud. High 20C.
The average high in Windsor is 17.4C and the average low is 6.4C.
Niko Giantsopoulos, a 27-year-old from Markham, Ont., is being loaned to Vancouver from York United of the Canadian Premier League for three days to resolve the team's goalkeeper crisis.
A young moose that crashed into back yards in Rockland, Ont. Saturday morning was brought safely back to the wild.
Before Michelle Gagnon figured out her that her cat liked playing fetch outside in the snow, Bodhi was a skittish kitten.
Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca announced over the long weekend that, if elected, he would take action to put an end to the string of carjackings that has plagued Toronto.
The nightmares started last May, said Harvey McLeod, chief of the Upper Nicola Indian Band and a survivor of the former Kamloops Indian Residential School.
If you were hoping to soak up the sunshine this Victoria Day long weekend, you may want to instead stay indoors Saturday.
ActiveTO road closures are back for the first time this year as sections of Lake Shore Boulevard West and other streets will be closed for parts of the Victoria Day long weekend.
Officers with the Winnipeg Police Service found the remains of eight dogs inside a freezer at a vacant Winnipeg home.