Public health officials confirmed three new positive COVID-19 cases Tuesday night, all are close contacts of a confirmed case.
This brings the number of active cases in Greater Sudbury to 7 and the total positive cases in the Sudbury and Manitoulin Districts to 130.
There have been two COVID-related deaths, with the last one on May 1.
All three new cases are self-isolating after being tested Sunday and Monday.
Public health will notify all close contacts of these individuals directly. If you are not contacted, you are not considered a close contact.
Prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Wash your hands often and when visibly dirty for 15 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your arm or a tissue, throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Continue to practise physical distancing, because any close contact could be a possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn in all indoor public places in Sudbury and districts, and they should also be worn in other settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are unwell and get tested.