WECHU reports 173 COVID-19 cases and two deaths over three days
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting 173 cases of COVID-19 and two deaths over three days.
There were 47 new cases on Saturday, 78 on Sunday and 48 on Monday.
WECHU is also reporting two additional deaths since Sept. 10.
- A woman in her 70s from the community;
- A woman in her 80s from the community.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 446 people.
There are 20 people in local hospitals with the virus. Windsor Regional Hospital is reporting 13 people with COVID in hospital - six are unvaccinated, six are vaccinated and one is partially vaccinated. There are six people in the WRH ICU, four are unvaccinated, one is vaccinated and one is partially vaccinated.
At Erie Shores Healthcare on Sept. 10, there were seven unvaccinated COVID patients in hospital and one who is vaccinated.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 19,025 confirmed cases of the virus, including 18,064 people who have recovered.
HERE’S THE BREAKDOWN OF NEW CASES:
- 64 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 37 cases are community acquired
- 3 cases are outbreak related
- 3 cases are travel related
- 66 cases are still under investigation
OUTBREAKS IN THE REGION:
- 17 workplaces
- 1 long-term care or retirement home
- 2 community outbreaks
WINDSOR-ESSEX RESIDENTS VACCINATED:
- 307,975 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 26,626 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 281,349 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 589,324 doses have been administered to WEC residents
- 81.2% of WEC residents 12+ have received at least 1 dose
- 74.1% of WEC residents 12+ are fully vaccinated.