WECHU reports two new COVID-19 cases, removes one death from total count
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday.
One case is travel related and one case is still under investigation.
The death toll related to COVID-19 is at 435 people. One death was removed from the total count.
“A death was removed as COVID-19 was not associated with the fatal outcome,” according to a news release from the health unit.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 16,849 confirmed cases of the virus, including 16,399 people who have recovered.
The health unit says 15 Cases are currently active. Three Variants of Concern (VOC) cases are active and 12 non-VOC cases are active.
WECHU says three people who have tested positive for the virus are in hospital.
There is one workplace outbreak in the region.
WINDSOR-ESSEX COUNTY RESIDENTS VACCINATED:
- 282,931 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 50,501 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 232,430 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 515,361 doses have been administered to WEC residents
- 76.4% of WEC adults have received at least 1 dose
- 80.2% of adults in Ontario have received at least 1 dose
- 63.9% of WEC adults are fully vaccinated
- 63.9% of adults in Ontario are fully vaccinated.