Water Quality Advisory: Sunnybrae Water System
Elevated turbidity levels (cloudiness) in the drinking water supply at the Sunnybrae Water System have resulted in Interior Health issuing a Water Quality Advisory for users of the system. This is not a mandatory Boil Water notice.
Water system users are advised that consuming water from this source may pose a health risk, especially to specific members of the public.
A high turbidity level may impair the effectiveness of the disinfection treatment system of the system. If disinfection is impaired, disease-causing micro-organisms may escape into the water distribution system resulting in an increased risk of intestinal illness.
Users with weakened immune systems, or those wishing additional protection should take precautions when drinking, washing fruits and vegetables, making beverages or ice, or when brushing teeth.
Precautions should be taken for:
- People with weakened immune systems or chronic illness;
- People under 12 and over 65 years of age;
- People seeking additional protection.
- Interior Heath advises these users to:
- Boil water for one minute and allow to cool before use;
- Use an alternative water source such as bottled water.
The advisory will remain in place until further notice. The CSRD will advise when the Water Quality Advisory is lifted through website updates, social media posts and media releases.