Canada Day Holiday Closures - Wednesday, July 1, 2020
The public is reminded that most City facilities remain closed and events continue to be suspended to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus in Hamilton. In the interest of public health and safety, residents should not to use any closed areas such as play structures or waterfalls. To view affected City services due to COVID-19, visit https://www.hamilton.ca/covidclosures .
For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Due to the statutory holiday taking place on Wednesday, July 1 the following City services will have changes:
Green Cart, Recycling, Leaf and Yard waste and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, leaf and yard waste or garbage pick-up.
- Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed.
- Your pick-up will be one day later if it falls on the holiday.
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday Schedule on Wednesday, July 1.
- For more information please visit www.hamilton.ca/hsr or call 905-527-4441.
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Wednesday, July 1. All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Wednesday, July 1. If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so. ATS customer service will be closed on Wednesday, July 1.
Public Health Services
- The Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Centre at Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena will be closed on Wednesday, July 1 for the holiday. Residents are encouraged to book an appointment time for testing by calling their family doctor or by Hamilton Public Health Services at 905-974-9848. Learn more about Assessment Centre locations and COVID-19 testing in Hamilton.
Hamilton Public Library
- All Hamilton Public Library locations are closed on Wednesday, July 1 for the holiday.
- HPL now offers takeout service and will add additional services when enhanced cleaning and other safety protocols are in place. For more information, call 905.546.3200, email AskHPL@hpl.ca, or chat and learn more at hpl.ca.
Hamilton Farmers’ Market Hours
- Sunday, June 28 - Closed
- Monday, June 29 - Closed
- Tuesday, June 30 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday, July 1 - Closed
- Thursday, July 2 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday, July 3 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, July 4 - 9 am to 4 pm
SOURCE: CITY OF HAMILTON