To add a cancellation to the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Town of Grand Falls
- All municipal indoor recreation facilities will be closed to the public, effective Monday, March 16th, until further notice. All programs offered at these installations, including hall rentals, walking track, and gymnasium, are postponed until further notice.
- Municipal employees will take advatnage of these closures to disinfect all installations thoroughly.
- As of March 26th, all Municipal Lots are closed until further notice.
- As of June 1st, Grand Falls Town Hall has reopened to the public. You can also the town by phone at 475-7777 or visit www.grandfallsnb.com or the town's facebook page.
- As of April 30th, The Trail NB walking and cycling trail in Grand Falls and the Polyvalente Thomas-Albert outdoor walking track are open to the public. Please be aware that the walking track is the only thing OPEN at PTA. The soccer field and other infrastructure at PTA remains closed to the public.
- As of June 1st, the Malabeam Centre has reopened as a Tourist Information Centre ONLY. The Interpretive Centre remains closed. Lovers Lane and the lookouts will also reopen June 1st but, the town asks the public to be careful with the rails.
- La Rochelle and the Town's Campground will remain closed for the season unless more restrictions are lifted. Then, the town will re-evaluate.
City of Edmundston
What municpal facilities are closed?
- The police station
- The three fire stations and community centres
- The Arts Centre
- The Sports Pavilion
- The Saint-Basile Arena, the Palladium of Saint-Jacques and the Jean-Daigle Centre
- The Public Works Department Building
- The Edmundston Energy Building
What essential services continue to function?
- The Police Force and Fire Department
- The Department of Energy
- The 911 communication centre, water and sewage treatment, road clearing, garbage collection and public communications
As of Tuesday, May 19th, Edmundston City Hall is once again open for business. Thus, the City Hall lobby has been slightly modified to allow for the necessary safety and physical distancing guidelines for physical distancing. Citizens will have access to the Finance Department for account management as well as the payment counter.Access to City Hall is only from the main entrance on Canada Road. However, persons with reduced mobility will still have access to the elevator from the back door. A communication device has been activated to allow the door to be opened and access to the elevator. Anyone needing to meet with a municipal employee will be asked to check in at the reception desk. Meetings will take place in a room that has been set up to ensure physical separation. People with symptoms such as fever, cough or sore throat are asked not to report to City Hall. Finally, people are encouraged to continue to contact City Hall by phone for various services, including building permits, human resources, administration or for questions related to the Fire Department. City Hall is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- All public schools in New Brunswick are closed until further notice.
- All in-person classes at UNB will be suspended for the remainder of the academic year
- Classes will resume using alternate methods Monday, March 23. Campus and residences remain open.
- UNB is restricting travel for UNB undergraduate and graduate students travelling under UNB supported programs to China, Europe, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, and the Middle East.
- All in person classes at St. Thomas University are suspended for the rest of the teaching year.
- Classes will resume remotely March 19. All campus events scheduled up to April 9 are cancelled
- Mount Allison University has suspended all class
- All student services will continue to operate. Campus buildings will remain open to students, faculty, and staff only.
- CCNB has suspended all classes at all of their campuses and all buildings remain closed until further notice.
- Le Centre d'apprentissage Dexter Learning Center is closed until further notice.
- GF Minor Hockey 50/50 is suspended until further notice.
- Drummond Fire Department 50/50 is suspended until further notice. More info on their facebook page.
- Symposium D'Arts Visuels du Nord-Ouest 50/50 Lottery is suspended until further notice. More info on the symposium's website and facebook page.
- Malobiannah Skating Club's Ice Show scheduled for March 21st at the E&P Senechal Center in Grand Falls has been cancelled. New Date: March 13, 2021.
- The Chalmers Hospital Foundation “Antarctic Trek Celebration Dinner” - March 26 (Postponed)
- Fredericton Tattoo Expo - March 27-29 (Postponed)
- Fredericton Wine and Cider Fest – April 4 (Postponed)
- Girl Guides Canada has cancelled all in-person activities - until April 14
- New Brunswick Adoption Foundation Everyone's Child Luncheon (Postponed)
- The John Caldwell School Spring Craft Show Bazaar is Postponed. Date TBD
- Scouts Canada has cancelled all activities
- Centre de ressources pour nouveaux arrivants au Nord-Ouest Coffee Chat and French Conversation Circle
- All Meetings of the Grand Falls Rotary Club have been posponed until further notice. (This includes meetings of the Bike Rodeo committee.)
- CUPE is halting bargaining for all CUPE Locals, including collective agreement bargaining meetings, membership meeting, ratifications and strike votes are all postponed.
- Horizon Health Network has cancelled Prenatal and Breastfeeding classes until further notice.
- The province of New Brunswick has closed all provincial parks until further notice, including Mount Carleton, Mactaquac and Sugarloaf.
- New Brunswick Senior Citizens' Federation is putting its 50/50 draw on hold until after the COVID-19 pandemic is completed
- Perth-Andover Homecoming has been cancelled. Rescheduled for 2021.
- Larlee Creek Hullabaloo in Perth-Andover has been cancelled. Rescheduled for 2021.
- Grand Falls Truck and Tractor Pull has been cancelled. Will return in 2021.
- Gathering of the Scots in Perth-Andover has been postponed until 2021.
- Saint-Leonard Summerfest for 2020 has been cancelled.
- Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival for 2020 has been cancelled. 30th Anniversary will be celebrated in 2021.
- Rendezvous des Artistes in Saint-Leonard has been postponed until August 2021.
- Miss Grand Falls Pageant has been cancelled for 2020.
- Grand Falls Regional Potato Festival has been cancelled for 2020. 60th edition will be postponed to June 30-July 4 2021.
- Plaster Rock Summerfest 2020 is cancelled.
- Festival Western in Saint-Quentin has been cancelled for 2020. Festival will return July 7-11 in 2021.
- Grand Falls Farmer's Market will not be opening for the 2020 season. The Farmers Market will return in the Spring of 2021.
- Perth-Andover Day Camp is cancelled for Summer 2020. Will return in 2021.
- Grand Falls Frolic Summer Day Camp has been cancelled for 2020.
- Perth-Andover's Tuff Muck Challenge has been cancelled for 2020.
- Grand Falls Soccer is CANCELLED for summer 2020.
- Town of Florenceville-Bristol has made the decision to end all ice activities at the Northern Carleton Civic Centre (NCCC) for the remaining of the season.
- The NCCC will remain open for regular office hours, 8am-4pm from Mon-Fri & the walking track will still be available.
- Western Valley Senior Bowling - March 19 (Postponed Until April 16)
- Cheer New Brunswick 2020 provincials in St. Stephen - March 21-22 (Postponed)
- New Brunswick Interscholastic Athletic Association (NBIAA) events are cancelled or postponed until further notice. Spring sport practices may continue as scheduled.
- Hockey New Brunswick has cancelled all Hockey-Canada-sanctioned events for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.
- The 2019-20 Canadian Tire Cup Playoffs have been cancelled.
- Ringette New Brunswick has suspended all programming until further notice.
- USPORTS Hockay and Volleyball Championships
- All Parasport NB Programming Suspended until further notice
- The National Basketball League of Canada is suspending basketball operations until further notice as a result of concerns regarding COVID-19 which includes the Moncton Magic
- All Basketball NB events and programs are suspended indefinitely
- The 2020 Canadian Masters Curling Championship in Rothesay has been cancelled.
- Football NB has suspended all activities until further notice.
- Soccer NB has suspended all activities until further notice
- New Brunswick Sports Hall of Fame has postponed its induction ceremony scheduled for June 27, 2020