Why July 30th Matters In Rock History
It’s July 30th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 2003, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Rush, The Guess Who and others played a benefit concert in Toronto to prove that the city was safe from SARS. It's believed to have been the largest concert in Canadian history.
- In 2002, Bruce Springsteen released his 12th studio album, The Rising.
- In 1988, Steve Winwood started a four-week run at No. 1 on the singles chart with “Roll With It.”
- In 1991, a police officer was forced to tear up a traffic ticket given to a limousine for making an illegal turn. It turned out the car carried Axl Rose, who threatened to pull out of that night’s Guns N’ Roses gig if the ticket was issued.
- In 2011, after 20 weeks on top of the rock chart, the Foo Fighters’ song “Rope” was replaced by another one of the band’s songs, “Walk.”
- And in 2013, Five Finger Death Punch released their album, The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 1.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
You don’t need a large group to join a Ride For Dad. Now you can RIDE ALONE TOGETHER, united in the fight against prostate cancer. Simply register online, collect pledges and get out on the road, solo or with a small group, and help save lives. Get on your bike; keep your distance and Ride Alone Together with the TELUS Motorcycle Ride For Dad on now. For details and registration visit RideforDad.ca
Summer Lights is Brightly Re-Imagined We're shifting during this time and bringing some of the best elements of Summer Lights to our community in new and engaging ways. We're shining a light on our community — sharing stories, LIVE Music and experiences — and bringing you some awesome all-ages programming that's FREE and ACCESSIBLE to everyone.
Let's enjoy the summer by bringing the Grand Grill to you! The summer's greatest fundraiser runs from August 1 to September 7 and you're the host. Think you are the best Griller? Know the difference between charcoal and gas?... Now is the time to get your grill on! Register today and start fundraising for Grand River Hospital. The more your Grill raises, the more you get to spend in the Grand Venture marketplace. Need new tongs? We've got you covered! Step 1: Sign-up for free. Step 2: Pick a date and time. Step 3: If permitted*, invite family or friends and set a donation amount for them to attend. Step 4: Send out your invite to donate (or attend if permitted). Step 5: Grill! *We will continue to monitor the local and provincial updates regarding COVID-19 and how restrictions impact this event.