Why July 31st Matters In Rock History
It’s July 31st and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 2012, Bruce Springsteen played his longest show ever. It took place in Helsinki, Finland at the end of a European tour and lasted four hours and six minutes.
- In 1976, Blue Oyster Cult released their hit single, “(Don’t Fear) the Reaper.”
- In 1957, a drummer named Richard Starkey made his live debut playing drums with the Eddie Clayton Skiffle Group at Liverpool’s The Cavern. He’d later be known by another name, Ringo Starr.
- In 1971, James Taylor had the No. 1 song in the country with “You Got a Friend.”
- In 1980, during an Eagles concert at Long Beach, California, tempers boiled over between Glenn Frey and Don Felder, who spent the entire show describing to each other the beating each planned to administer backstage.
- And in 2010, Shinedown started three weeks at No. 1 on the rock songs chart with their hit single, “The Crow and The Butterfly” off of The Sound of Madness.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
You don’t need a large group to join a Ride For Dad. Now you can RIDE ALONE TOGETHER, united in the fight against prostate cancer. Simply register online, collect pledges and get out on the road, solo or with a small group, and help save lives. Get on your bike; keep your distance and Ride Alone Together with the TELUS Motorcycle Ride For Dad on now. For details and registration visit RideforDad.ca
Summer Lights is Brightly Re-Imagined We're shifting during this time and bringing some of the best elements of Summer Lights to our community in new and engaging ways. We're shining a light on our community — sharing stories, LIVE Music and experiences — and bringing you some awesome all-ages programming that's FREE and ACCESSIBLE to everyone.
Let's enjoy the summer by bringing the Grand Grill to you! The summer's greatest fundraiser runs from August 1 to September 7 and you're the host. Think you are the best Griller? Know the difference between charcoal and gas?... Now is the time to get your grill on! Register today and start fundraising for Grand River Hospital. The more your Grill raises, the more you get to spend in the Grand Venture marketplace. Need new tongs? We've got you covered! Step 1: Sign-up for free. Step 2: Pick a date and time. Step 3: If permitted*, invite family or friends and set a donation amount for them to attend. Step 4: Send out your invite to donate (or attend if permitted). Step 5: Grill! *We will continue to monitor the local and provincial updates regarding COVID-19 and how restrictions impact this event.