15th annual Northern Star campaign gets underway in Bathurst
An annual campaign aimed at drumming up funds for the region's hospital foundations got underway this week.
The Vitalite Health Network says the Northern Star Campaign aims to meet health care needs of eight of the region's participating foundations.
Foundations participating in this year's campaign include:
- The Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation(Bathurst);
- Fondation Les Amis de l'Hopital de Tracadie;
- Foundation of the Friends of the Grand Falls General Hospital Inc.;
- La Fondation de l'hopital de Lameque;
- Friends of Healthcare Foundation(Campbellton);
- Fondation Dr. Romaric Boulay(Saint-Quentin);
- The Friends of the Stella-Maris-de-Kent Foundation(Sainte-Anne-de-Kent); and
- Fondation Hopital de l'Enfant-Jesus Inc.(Caraquet).
To raise money, mini-trees are being sold at UNI branches.
Special holiday-themed figures and community Christmas trees will be lit near participating hospitals on December 4th.