Canadian Red Cross assisting family after fire destroys home in Free Grant

(Submitted/Canadian Red Cross)

A young family of seven is staying with friends for the time being after fire destroyed their home in Free Grant.

The Canadian Red Cross says an electrical malfunction is being blamed for the blaze last Thursday on Free Grant Road.

Red Cross volunteers are assisting two adults and five children, ages 18 months to 10 years, with purchases of clothing food, and other essentials.

There were no injuries reported.