COVID-19 outbreak declared at Moncton special-care home after two residents test positive

COVID-19

An outbreak of COVID-19 has been declared at Notre-Dame Manor in Moncton after two residents tested positive for the virus.

Public Health says one of the residents of the special care home who tested positive is in their 70s, while the other is in their 80s, and an investigation into the cases began Monday night with additional staff and resources sent to the facility.

Government says contact tracing and rapid testing of the 112 residents and 56 employees began Tuesday, and all admissions and visits to the manor have been put on hold.

The province says all other facilities are to follow current public health guidance under the yellow phase unless directed otherwise.

The number of active COVID-19 cases remains at five on Tuesday after two previously reported cases had recovered.

To date, New Brunswick has conducted 80,809 COVID-19 tests, with 205 confirmed cases and two deaths.

No one is currently hospitalized with COVID-19 and 198 people have recovered after testing positive.