NB educators recognized with Excellence in Education Awards
Five teachers and three early childhood educators in New Brunswick's Francophone sector have been recognized for their exceptional work over the 2018-19 school year.
The 2019 Excellence in Education Awards were handed out on Saturday in Fredericton.
The awards recognize those who show exceptional dedication, ingenuity, leadership, passion and professionalism.
This year's recipients include:
Francophone nord-est school district:
- Tania Roy – Ecole communautaire Carrefour etudiant, Beresford;
- Eric Chiasson – Ecole Marie-Esther, Shippagan;
- Stephanie Raymond – Garderie Les Debrouillards et l’Energicentre, Atholville (Val D’Amours neighbourhood).
Francophone nord-ouest school district:
- Helene Savoie-Chouinard – Ecole Marie-Gaetane, Kedgwick;
- Linda Harris Soucy – Centre de soins et education Mickey & Minnie, Saint-Andre.
Francophone sud school district:
- Michelle Dupuis – Ecole Le Marais, Dieppe;
- Steven Haché – Ecole Louis-J.-Robichaud, Shediac;
- Tina Brasseur – La P’tite Ecole daycare centre, New Maryland.
Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Dominic Cardy says Educators and teachers in French-language schools and educational child care are essential to the proper functioning of our education system.
Cardy says we rely upon their skills, experience and creativity to achieve the goals of our 10-year education plans, to enhance the quality of teaching for the benefit of students.