Six people charged as OPP execute search warrant in Perth, Ont.
Six individuals were arrested and charged after multiple police units executed a search warrant at a residence in the Town of Perth. The Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) with the assistance of the Lanark County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), East Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), OPP Canine and Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) were all on the scene on Friday, October 27th, 2023.
OPP says officers at the scene seized large quantities of suspected cocaine, methamphetamine, psilocybin as well as cash and three firearms.
As a result of the investigation, six people were arrested and charged. 35-year-old Christopher Curran, from the Town of Carleton Place, is facing the following charges:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Transport a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition in a careless manner - two counts
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order - four counts
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Knowledge of an unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Failure to comply with a release order - other than to attend court - two counts
While 23-year-old Dylan Greene, also from Carleton Place was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purposes of trafficking - cocaine
- Failure to comply with a release order - other than to attend court - three counts
Perth resident, 44-year-old Corinne Shelley was arrested and faces the following weapons-related charges:
- Careless use of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- Careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
Three people, 36-year-old Cayla Ann Keer from the Town of Perth, 25-year-old Anthony Kidder from Tay Valley Township, and 26-year-old Brenna Wylie from Smiths Falls, have all been charged with the same offence:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purposes of trafficking - cocaine.
With files by CFRA's Connor Ray