Port Colborne landlord fined $12,500 after fire

Smoke alarm

A former Port Colborne landlord has been fined for not having working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.

Back in March fire crews were called to a fire at 778 Steele Street and during the investigation found that the building was not up to fire code.

The owner plead guilty to three charges and was fined a total of $12,500.

Fire Chief Scott Lawson says, “Working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms save lives. I hope this conviction acts as a reminder to residents and owners of buildings in Port Colborne of their responsibilities under the Fire Code.”

Check out the latest Songs