Coldplay Want You To Sing On Their New Album
Coldplay are nearing the final stages of recording their next album, Moon Music, and they want your voice to help them finish it.
The band posted a message on their website, asking fans to donate their voices to a song they're working on called "One World."
The message reads:
Hello everybody. We hope you are all ok in these wild times. We have nearly finished MOON MUSIC. If you'd like to be on it too, perhaps you could add your voice to a song called One World. (We would love that a lot.) All you have to do is record yourself singing "Ahhhhh" for a few seconds. You can either copy the note below, or sing a G or C in any octave. Thank you so much. Love Chris, Jonny, Guy & Will
A site named after the song has everything set up to submit vocals, including a recording of frontman Chris Martin giving an example of what they want you to sing, a recording tool, as well as a list of instructions:
- Record your "Ahhhhh" by pressing the microphone icon below
- No words or phrases please
- You can listen to your vocal and re-record if necessary
- Click on the tickbox if you'd like to be credited in the track's digital booklet
- To participate, you must be the older of either (i) the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence or (ii) the age of 18
Also on the site is a curious leaderboard that shows which countries have submitted the most recordings so far, with the USA holding a slight edge over the band's home of Great Britain.
See a post from the band below.
Listen to music from Coldplay