Why March 23rd Matters In Rock History
It’s March 23rd and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1985, Billy Joel married model Christie Brinkley. The pair would split up nine years later.
- In 1979, Van Halen released their album, Van Halen II.
- In 1985, former Creedence Clearwater Revival singer John Fogerty topped the charts with his solo album, Centerfield.
- In 1997, U2's album Pop was No. 1 on the album chart and in 2003, they made their Oscar debut, performing at the 75th annual Academy Awards. They played their nominated song “The Hands that Built America,” from the film The Gangs of New York.
- And in 1991, R.E.M. had their first No. 1 album in the UK with their seventh LP, Out of Time.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio