Why March 9th Matters In Rock History
It’s March 9th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 2011, The Killers singer Brandon Flowers became a father for the third time when his wife gave birth to their son Henry.
- In 1987, U2 released their breakthrough album, The Joshua Tree.
- In 2007, Boston singer Brad Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning at his New Hampshire home. He was found with a note clipped to his shirt that read, “Mr. Brad Delp. I am a lonely soul.”
- In 1996, Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher walked off stage during a gig at a New Jersey ski resort because his hands were too cold to play.
- And in 1985, REO Speedwagon started a three-week run on the singles chart with “Can’t Fight This Feeling."
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
There is a lot of confusion surrounding Childish Gambino’s new surprise album that was released yesterday. There was a link that went to a site that was retweeted by his manager that lead to a bunch of new songs available to stream including songs that were featuring Ariana Grande, 21 Savage and SZA on the website.
The tweet and entire account ended up being deleted and the website is no longer available.
Niall Horan finally released Heartbreak Weather! What do you think of it?
Disney releases Frozen 2 on Disney Plus early.
Niall Horan will be coming to Toronto for the #iHeartRadioSecretSession! As revealed yesterday on iheartradio.ca, the Secret Session will be happening March 19th at a top secret location. (0:12)
Fans have been expressing great concern for Post Malone’s health after videos were going around online of him on stage looking like he was really out of it. Posty addressed these concerns when at a recent show. (0:41)
Rihanna just opened her own Fenty Beauty Tiktok House. (1:44)
Coronavirus continues to impact many music events around the world. It was announced that Ultra Music Festival, and SXSW are cancelled due to concerns of bringing together such large groups of people - and there is word that Coachella could be the next event to be shut down. (2:32)
Poor ticket sales have forced Justin Bieber to downsize eight shows on his upcoming Changes Tour. (3:10)