Why May 19th Matters In Rock History
It’s May 19th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1976, Keith Richards crashed his car in England after falling asleep at the wheel.
- In 1979, Supertramp had the No. 1 album with Breakfast in America. It was the group’s only record to top the charts and featured the hits “The Logical Song,” “Goodbye Stranger” and “Take the Long Way Home.”
- In 2000, The Allman Brothers Band announced that founding guitarist Dickey Betts would not be part of their upcoming tour due to “creative differences.” He would never return to the group.
- In 1986, Peter Gabriel released his best-selling album, So.
- And in 1978, Dire Straits put out their first major label single, “Sultans of Swing.”
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio