Why November 12th Matters In Rock History
It’s November 12th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1970, The Doors performed a show in New Orleans that would become their last concert with singer Jim Morrison.
- In 1999, Eddie Van Halen announced he was undergoing hip replacement surgery.
- In 2002, Kid Rock released the single “Picture” off of his album, Cocky. The track, which featured Sheryl Crow, would go on become huge with country music fans.
- In 1988, U2 started a six-week run at No. 1 on the album chart with their sixth studio album, Rattle and Hum.
- And in 2012, after 35 years and 11 albums, and continuing following the death of singer Michael Hutchence, INXS announced that they were calling it quits.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
Check out all the winners from the big show.
Willie Nelson won a pair of awards.
Ozzy Osbourne and Wet Leg also won multiple awards.
Drake and Michael Bublé each won their fifth Grammys.
See his show again or for the first time.
Here is a look at some names from the north with nominations.
The Toronto singer spent more than three months working on the film.
The British singer was in prison for sex assaults on girls.
The rapper said she shaved her head because she wanted a change.