Graham Richardson speaks with a scientist at the Alzheimer Society of Canada on an experimental Alzheimer's drug which slowed cognitive decline overall in a trial, but with major side effects for some.
On today’s show:
- A conversation with Dr. Joshua Armstrong, research scientist at the Alzheimer Society of Canada.
- Michael Findlay, former Canadian Senior Men’s National Team head coach and assistant coach, on Canada’s run at the World Cup.
- Overhyped v. Underplayed Scott Reid, CTV News political commentator, and former communications director for Prime Minister Paul Martin.
- Jasbir Romana, a radio host in Vancouver, British Columbia. He was stranded due to the snowstorm this week and had to seek refuge in a stranger’s home.
- A global 4-day week pilot was a huge success, organizers say. We speak with Juliet Schor, professor of sociology at Boston College and the trial’s lead researcher.
- When does the holiday season officially start for you? We take your calls.
- Riskin It All with Dan Riskin, CTV science and technology specialist.
David Cooper is hosting the Late Showgram. Today's call in topic: What did you get away with? What’s your secret? Have you been sitting on this one for a while, call us, confess, it'll be cathartic. What things have you gotten away with that you're proud of? Maybe you fought the law and you won, or maybe it was the cookies in the cookie jar. Whatever it was, what did you get away with?