More people being forced to finance their cars?
GUEST: George Iny, President of the Automobile Protection Association
Free For All Friday features top talent across the iHeart radio talk network. Hosts from all over the country join the roundtable to discuss the five biggest stories of the week.
This week's show is hosted by Tamara Cherry and features panelists Robert Benzie, Queen's Park Bureau Chief for the Toronto Star, and Sharan Kaur, political commentator and former Deputy Chief of Staff to Bill Morneau.
- Was there anything in the Emergencies Act inquiry that swayed or surprised you this week?
- Canada put on a show in its return to the World Cup after a 36-year absence. Should we be celebrating a loss that we “deserved to win”?
- With respiratory infections hitting the health system hard, Canada's Health Minister says more children need to get their COVID-19 and flu shots. Should that be the focus?
- Quebec restaurants are asking the province to let them charge people for no-shows. Do you support this?
- Were you lined up outside any stores this morning or has Black Friday lost its lustre? Does looming recession have you changing your spending habits this holiday season?
GUEST - Bob Reid, Principal at Broadway Strategy & Communications
A 13 year old YouTuber who calls himself a journalist is crying foul that Ontario's education minister won't do an interview with him - despite the fact he has had many prominent politicians - including Education Minister Stephen Lecce himself - speak with him in the past.
Is the boy - whose name is Wyatt Sharpe - going public with a legitimate complaint against a public figure? That would have been a touchdown.
If you think he's just a kid who shouldn't expect to expect a provincial cabinet minister to jump at the chance to talk to him that would have been a fumble
David Cooper is hosting the Late Showgram. Today's call in topic: What did you get away with? What’s your secret? Have you been sitting on this one for a while, call us, confess, it'll be cathartic. What things have you gotten away with that you're proud of? Maybe you fought the law and you won, or maybe it was the cookies in the cookie jar. Whatever it was, what did you get away with?