The Good, Bad and Ugly of One Year of covid, Is market research woke now? And should you vaccine shop?
One year after Covid the good bad ugly - Why is market research called Woke? How is woke a pejorative? - Should you shop around for a vaccine?
Free For All Friday features top talent across the iHeart radio talk network. Hosts from all over the country join the roundtable to discuss the five biggest stories of the week.
This week's show is hosted by Mark Towhey and features panelists Sean Vanderklis, co-host of One Dish One Mic which airs in Niagara, London and Windsor, and Bob Richardson, senior counsel at National Public Relations and a former Ontario Liberal chief of staff.
- WNBA star Brittney Griner has been released from Russian detention in a prisoner swap for a convicted arms dealer. Does this set a bad precedent?
- The RCMP has suspended a contract awarded to a company with ties to the Chinese government. Why do we continue to do business with China?
- An Ontario hospital is considering hiring unvaccinated nurses and health-care workers to combat a staffing shortage. Thoughts on this?
- Marit Stiles is set to be the next Ontario NDP leader after being the only candidate in the race. Meanwhile, the Ontario Liberals are courting Green leader Mike Schreiner for party leadership. Is it time for new political parties?
- Oxford Dictionaries names 'goblin mode' its word of the year. Have you ever used this term?
- Are you watching the new Harry and Meghan documentary?
GUEST - Bob Reid, Principal at Broadway Strategy & Communications
Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price Tweeted a message opposing Canada’s new gun control legislation this week – but it was also the same week Canada remembered the 1989 ecole polytechnique massacre.
There was a backlash. Price stood by his position on the new law, but acknowledged he got his timing wrong, recognizing the importance of the anniversary to the city he represents as an athlete.
Our question to you was: did the apology work?
If you thought so, we asked you to text "T-D" for touchdown
If you thought Price blew it, we asked you to text the word "Fumble"
David Cooper is hosting the Late Showgram. Today's call in topic: What did you get away with? What’s your secret? Have you been sitting on this one for a while, call us, confess, it'll be cathartic. What things have you gotten away with that you're proud of? Maybe you fought the law and you won, or maybe it was the cookies in the cookie jar. Whatever it was, what did you get away with?