City of Toronto to suspend recreation programs
Following advice from the City's top doctor, the City of Toronto is set to suspend recreation programs starting Tuesday.
- registered and instructional programs such as learn to skate and swim programs, dance, group fitness and wellness programs
- hockey games and scrimmages
- drop-in sports programs other than leisure and lane swim and leisure skate
- table tennis, billiards, foosball
- access to the City’s two conservatories
- indoor permits for social gatherings and sport games/group fitness.
The City says about 20,000 registrants will be impacted. Refunds will be issued automatically over the next few weeks, so residents do not need to request refunds.
"City staff are working to adapt recreational activities that could be offered outdoors where possible, and to ensure that residents across the city are aware of existing outdoor recreation opportunities that are in line with public health advice."