Drinking water taps available at 13 Edmonton hydrants this summer
With temperatures set to rise in Edmonton next week, the city has set up water taps at 13 fire hydrants.
The water is safe to drink, and officials hope it will help vulnerable Edmontonians stay hydrated during the hot weather.
This year, taps have been set up at the following locations:
- Central McDougal and Queen Mary Park 109 Ave. and 107 St.
- Kinistinaw Park 102 Ave and 96 St.
- 105 Ave. and 102 St. Boyle Street Community Services
- 96 St. and 104 Ave. Bissell Centre
- Sheriff Robertson 82 Street and 112 Ave.
- Butler Park
- Callingwood park
- McIntyre Park/OS Farmers Market
- Millwoods Transit Station
- 118 Ave. And 82 Street Parkdale Plaza
- Clareview Transit Station
- 6512-132 Ave. (Mosaic Centre)
- 12340 Fort Road (Niginan)
We’re so glad @CityofEdmonton has added water taps to 13 #yeg fire hydrants, including one right beside Bissell. We all deserve access to clean drinking water. Plus, it can help vulnerable people stay hydrated and can save lives. See all 13 locations. https://t.co/bqQnDi9POD pic.twitter.com/AzaP06s0Bu— Bissell Centre | #YEG (@BissellCentre) July 6, 2022
The taps will be accessible to all Edmontonians 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until the fall.