Prepare for a traffic headache. Allen Road to close this weekend
The City of Toronto says the entire length of Allen Road will be closed this weekend for maintenance.
The closure begins Friday at 11 p.m. and the road is expected to reopen by Monday at 5 a.m.
The city says it's the first time Allen Road has been closed for maintenance since 2018 and that the work would take 25 days without a closure.
They say the timing of nearby traffic lights will be adjusted to help with traffic flow.
Drivers are being told to use Keele Street, Dufferin Street, Avenue Road and Bathurst Street as alternative routes.
The work being done this weekend includes:
- Bridge maintenance, chipping, inspection and cleaning
- Inspection and planning work for future rehabilitation projects
- Guide rail repair and replacement
- Line painting and marking
- Safety barrier repair and replacement
- Inspection and repair of traffic cameras and cabinets
- Pot hole repairs
- Catch basin inspection, flushing and cleaning
- Maintenance and repair of signs
- Debris/litter removal
- Grass cutting
- Tree trimming and inspection
- Lighting inspection and repairs
- Inspection and maintenance work by the TTC, the Ministry of Transportation and Crosslinx on relevant infrastructure along Allen Road