UPDATE: Talks will continue through Sunday in the hopes of reaching a deal by strike deadline
It's the final countdown in negotiations between the union representing 55,000 education support staff and the Ontario government.
All sides bargained until midnight Saturday night and were expecting to resume talks Sunday morning.
CUPE, the union representing the workers has set a midnight deadline of Sunday night to reach a deal or they will begin strike action on Monday.
Meantime, parents in Ontario are still scrambling to figure out what to do with their kids should the province's education workers strike on Monday.
The Canadian Union of Public Employees has said its members plan to walk off the job on Monday after holding a work-to-rule campaign earlier this week.
More than a dozen Ontario school boards, including the three largest in the province, have said they will have to close schools if the labour disruption goes ahead.
They say the closures are necessary to ensure student safety, which they add would be compromised without CUPE workers on site.
That's left parents wondering what to do with their kids, who would otherwise be in class.
While the union and the school boards' provincial body say they will bargain under a news blackout, and will not comment on progress, our media partner CTV News Toronto was able to confirm with CUPE members Saturday evening that mediation was continuing.