Worker suffers burns to body after electrical explosion

electrical

A electrician, working on a job site in the downtown core, suffered injuries from an electrical explosion early Sunday morning.

The accident occurred in a building near Bay and Adelaide streets, just before 8:40 a.m.

According to Const. Ed Parks, Toronto Police responded to the call and found the victim suffering burns, reportedly caused by a switch gear explosion.

"A male in his 30's had suffered electrical burn to his face and torso. He (was) transported to hospital by ambulance and is receiving medical attention." 

Const. Parks also confirmed that the male victim was the only person injured.

The injuries are not considered life-threatening. 

There's no word yet on what may have sparked the explosion.