A Guide to COVID-19 in Windsor-Essex
According to CTV News, Canada has 87,481 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 6,760 deaths and 46,072 people have recovered.
Ontario has 26,483 cases including 2,155 deaths and 20,372 cases have been resolved.
There are now 920 cases of COVID-19 in Windsor-Essex, 63 deaths and 490 cases have been resolved.
The Government of Canada has released an online self-assessment tool for COVID-19.
In Ontario, the provincial government has announced that there will be an independent commission into Ontario's long-term care system beginning in September.
Canadians who believe they are engaged in essential travel but encounter difficulties getting across the Canada-U.S. border can call for help using a new hotline established by the Canada Border Services Agency — it is now available 24 hours a day and can be reached by calling 1-800-461-9999.
- Comber - the Comber Fair scheduled for for August 7th-9th has been cancelled
- Harrow - The Harrow Fair has been cancelled due to public gathering rules set out by the province
- Lakeshore - Lakeshore’s 2020 Canada Day festival, to be celebrated in Woodslee, has been cancelled.
- Korda Artistic Productions - Korda Artistic Productions says it has made the heartbreaking but necessary decision to postpone the entire planned 2020 season while our federal, provincial and municipal governments guide us through the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Tecumseh - Registrations for summer programming, including Tecumseh Leisure Pool swimming lessons and summer day camp, scheduled to begin on Monday, May 11, 2020 are postponed until further notice.
- Windsor Islamic Council - Share the Spirit of Ramadan Food Drive only taking monetary donations (firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Windsor - The City of Windsor has decided to cancel the 2020 birthday celebrations and related events
- Art in the Park - Organizers of this year's Art in the Park have decided to cancel this year's event
- Tecumseh - The Town of Tecumseh, in consultation with the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach, has cancelled the annual Victoria Day Fireworks event scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2020 at the Optimist Park in Tecumseh.
- Town of LaSalle - Municipal facilities remain closed, spring programs are cancelled, all May room rentals are cancelled, all town owned soccer and baseball fields are closed, splash pad opening postponed, May 31 night market is cancelled and the outdoor movie night on June 5 is cancelled.
- 2020 Festival of Birds - Scheduled to take place between May 1 and May 20 at Point Pelee National Park, the event has been cancelled.
- VIA Rail - Via Rail is limiting its train service, including routes to and from Windsor.
- Kingsville/Essex/Lakeshore - Effective Wednesday, March 18, Kingsville, Essex and Lakeshore have locked the doors at all facilities including town halls.
- Essex County Civic Centre - The county will close the building to the public starting Thursday March 19.
- Town of Tecumseh - Town of Tecumseh is closing all public facing offices as of Wednesday, March 18 at noon. This includes the Town Hall, Arena, Fire Hall and Public Works and Parks & Recreation Offices. Work continues in the offices with service provided by phone, e-mail and drop-box.
- LaSalle Civic Centre - LaSalle Civic Centre will be closed to the public and non-essential visitors effective at noon on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- Diocese of London - The Diocese of London has announced significant changes to help fight COVID-19.
- Amherstburg Gibson Gallery - Gibson Gallery Centre cancelling all programs, events and public access, effective immediately, until future notice.
- Town of Amherstburg - Municipal facilities in Amherstburg are being closed to the public due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Cineplex - Canada's largest cinema chain has announced it's closing all of its 165 theatres including Windsor-Essex.
- Kid's First Food Bank - has new measures and restrictions in place as well as a new breakfast bag program
- Life After Fifty - All ON-SITE programs and services at both Life After Fifty locations will be postponed, including Foot Care.
- Kingsville - has closed all of its recreation centres and will limit some services and meetings.
- Amherstburg - has closed the Libro Centre and cancelled recreational programs.
- The Diocese of London - has announced weekend masses throughout the southwestern Ontario have been cancelled
- The Town of LaSalle - shutting down all recreational facilities and cancelling all March Break programming
- Town of Tecumseh - The Town has activated a partial Emergency Operations Centre
- Town of Lakeshore - All recreational facilities are closed including the Atlas Tube Centre, Comber Community Centre and Libro Community Centre — town hall will remain open with normal business hours
- Windsor Public Library - Windsor Public Library (WPL) has suspended all programming and outreach activities, effective immediately.