UPDATE: Damage Pegged at $200K in Garage Fire in LaSalle


The cause of a garage fire in LaSalle is going down as accidental.

A pair of dogs were saved after the fire broke out in the garage of a LaSalle home Tuesday afternoon just before 6pm on Laurier Dr. near Front Rd. 

Damage is pegged at $200,000 to the contents and structure in the attached garage.

Nobody was home at the time.

Fire Chief Dave Sutton is crediting the quick action of a neighbour who called in the blaze before it could get out of control.

Sutton says the majority of the damage was contained to the garage and contents and firefighters were able to rescue two dogs inside the home.

Join Now!

Get the latest information right into your inbox.