City of Fredericton
What City facilities are closed?
- City Hall and related municipal offices. The Fredericton Police Station remains open.
- Fredericton Indoor Pool
- Grant-Harvey, Lady Beaverbrook, Willie O’Ree, and York arenas
- Stepping Stone and Johnston Avenue senior centres
- Odell and Killarney Lake lodges
- Community school gyms, including the Nashwaaksis Field House.
- Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market
- Fredericton Landfill is closed to residential customers
What essential services continue to operate?
- 911 Communications Centre. In the event of an emergency, the public should continue to call 9-1-1. Medical inquiries about COVID-19 should be directed to 8-1-1.
- Other essential services that will continue to operate include potable water, sewage treatment, police and fire services, road clearing, garbage collection, and public communications.
- Fredericton Transit is operating on a Saturday hourly service
- Service Fredericton. To report problems related to City services, the public should continue to call 506-460-2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Continue to use this number for after hours calls for service.
- Payments and Permits. The payment and permit desks at City Hall are closed. Many City payments and permits can be still be processed online by visiting the City’s website at www.fredericton.ca. Further information about payments and permits will be released in the coming days.
- To discuss applications for variances, subdivisions and rezonings, as well as requests for zoning letters please contact email@example.com for instructions on how to proceed.
- To discuss and submit applications for heritage development approvals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to proceed.
- To discuss and submit building, plumbing, and sign permit applications, please contact email@example.com.
- To schedule a building or plumbing inspection for a project under construction, please contact the inspector assigned to your project directly or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City Council Meetings. City Council will suspend Standing Committee meetings until the end of March. Council-in-Committee and Regular Council meetings will occur. Agenda items for those meetings will focus on matters of governance related to keeping the City running.
- Protective Measures. Staff carrying out essential services will follow all provincial safety protocols to protect themselves and the public from COVID-19. This will include practicing social distancing, washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer, wearing protective gear, as appropriate, and cleaning high touch surfaces. Employees who feel ill will immediately be asked to self-isolate.
The following is a message from Fredericton Region Solid Waste regarding residential curbside recycling collection. Effective April 6, FRSW will change collection operations due to the global Coronavirus pandemic. For safety concerns of its employees, handlers & the public, FRSW is asking customers to continue using blue/grey boxes on your designated collection day for recycled materials on regular collection days. The recycled items will not be sorted upon arrival to FRSW, but will be landfilled. The change will reduce potential large collection issues. For further information, contact email@example.com
All municipal facilties and buildings will be closed to the public until further notice. Employees already deemed critical to the Town will report to work as normal, while others will work from home. Programs and service delivery will transition from normal operations to a focus on maintaining critical services as follows:
- Public Works: water supply and sewage treatment monitoring and testing, small crew for critical infrastructure repairs, monitoring traffic control systems, limited vehicle repair and limited animal control will continue.
- Fire: fire and emergency services will continue. Station 1 and Station 2 are closed to the public.
- Payments and Permits: the payment and permit desks are closed to the public. Urgent Building permits and inspections may be coordinated by calling 357-4500. Credit card payments will be accepted for permits via telephone at 357-4400. All other payments may be made online at Service NB or online banking.
- General Inquiries: public inquiries will be answered by calling 357-4400.
- Recreation and Tourism: all facilities are closed until further notice. Administrative staff will be working remotely from home
- Clerks Office: Council in Committee meetings will continue and open to the public (social distancing at meetings will apply).
- FERO has suspended regular recycling services in Maugerville, Noonan, Pepper Creek, Grand Lake, Canning, Minto, Waterborough, Stanley, Douglas, Carlisle Road, Estey's Bridge, MacLeod Hill, Royal Road, and Queensbury until the end of March, with services resuming in April.
- Waste Collection will continue as normal
- All public schools in New Brunswick are closed until further notice.
- All in-person classes at UNB will be suspended for the remainder of the academic year
- All in person classes at St. Thomas University in Fredericton are suspended for the rest of the teaching year.
- Mount Allison University has suspended all class
- New Brunswick College of Craft and Design closed until further notice
- The NBCC closed until further notice
- All Academic (GED) and Digital Literacy classes with Central Valley Adult Learning Association Inc. closed until further notice
- Autism Intervention Services in Fredericton and Woodstock closed until further notice
- Harvey Station Lions Club buiiding is closed until further notice.
- The NADA Auricular Acupuncture Clinic at the Victoria Health Center that occurs Mondays and Fridays will be cancelled until further notice
- Jobs Unlimited will be closed until further notice. This also includes our other businesses The Deli Connection, 6 Colour Copy, the Mail Bag and York Street Courier.
- Book donations for the CFUW (Canadian Federation of University Women) annual book sale are suspended until further notice.
- Effectively immediately Fredericton, Woodstock, and Perth-Andover Addiction & Mental Health Services’ Auricular Acupuncture, Early Recovery Group and Wellness Group (Addiction Groups), Recovery Art Group, and Skills to Build On Group are suspended until further notice.
- Oromocto PhysioCentre will be closed until April 30th
- Audiocorp Fredericton is closed
- The province of New Brunswick has closed all provincial parks until further notice, including Mount Carleton, Mactaquac and Sugarloaf.
- Chase the Ace every Tuesday night at Mamma's Pub has been suspended and will resume at a later date
- Fredericton Playhouse has cancelled all public events until further notice
- Fredericton Wine and Cider Fest – April 4 (Postponed)
- Girl Guides Canada has cancelled all in-person activities
- Spring Fling @ Delta Fredericton – April 19th
- Zumba with Rachel Mills classes at École les Éclaireurs (Cancelled until further notice)
- Zumba classes with Colleen Jesso (Cancelled until further notice)
- New Brunswick Adoption Foundation Everyone's Child Luncheon (Postponed)
- No performances at the Capital Theatre in Moncton until further notice
- Scouts Canada has cancelled all activities
- Sunday Night Bingo at Burton Lions Club is cancelled until further notice
- The Stepping Stone Senior Centre closed until further notice
- The Fredericton Downtown Community Health Centre's Breastfeeding/Infant Feed Support Drop In which takes place on Wednesday afternoons is cancelled until further notice.
- Branch 4 of the Royal Canadian Legion is closed and all Branch sports and events are cancelled
- CUPE is halting bargaining for all CUPE Locals, including collective agreement bargaining meetings, membership meeting, ratifications and strike votes are all postponed until April 3
- The Anglican Diocese of Fredericton has suspended gatherings for public worship, and unnecessary meetings, until at least Palm Sunday.
- All in-person Canadian Cancer Society fundraising is being postponed until May.
- Horizon Health Network has cancelled Prenatal and Breastfeeding classes until further notice.
- Marysville Y'sMen Monthly Community Breakfast Saturday, April 18th CANCELLED
- All recreational leagues have been suspended. Please stay connected for updates via our mailing-list and social media @ ActiveFredericton.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Brunswick Interscholastic Athletic Association (NBIAA) events are cancelled or postponed until further notice. Spring sport practices may continue as scheduled.
- Hockey New Brunswick has cancelled all Hockey-Canada-sanctioned events for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.
- Ringette New Brunswick has suspended all programming until further notice.
- All Capital Region Special Olympics weekly sport programs are canceled until further notice
- All Parasport NB Programming Suspended until further notice
- The National Basketball League of Canada is suspending basketball operations until further notice as a result of concerns regarding COVID-19 which includes the Moncton Magic
- All Basketball NB events and programs are suspended indefinitely
- The 2020 Canadian Masters Curling Championship in Rothesay has been cancelled.
- Football NB has suspended all activities until further notice.
- Soccer NB has suspended all activities until further notice