21 charges laid against suspect in north end stabbing
An update on the stabbing investigation in the north end of Kingston.
Kingston Police have laid 21 charges against a suspect after a high-risk takedown on Tuesday.
39-year-old Justin Robert Hunter has been charged with the following:
- Attempted murder
- Aggravated assault
- Robbery from person with violence
- Take weapon of peace officer in execution of duty
- Two counts of possession of a weapon for committing an offence
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm without holding a licence and registration certificate
- Possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence and registration certificate
- Possession of a loaded regulated firearm
- Handling a firearm carelessly
- Six counts of possession of a firearm or prohibited weapon while prohibited
- Failing to comply with an undertaking
- Three counts of breach of probation
The accused was held at police headquarters to attend a future bail hearing.
Two secondary classes and one extra-curricular volleyball cohort were dismissed after a positive COVID-19 case at Sydenham High School.
One new case of COVID-19 is being reported in Leeds, Grenville, and Lanark.
The City of Brockville says a severe collision has closed off Parkedale Ave. at Millwood Ave. and California Ave. and Ormond St. at Bramshot Ave.
Two new cases of COVID-19 are being reported in Renfrew County.
Nine new cases of COVID-19 are being reported in the KFL&A region.
The Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce has announced it's newest campaign to encourage residents to shop local.
The Mary St. Bridge will be closed to traffic starting on Monday to help facilitate work on the bridge.
The Leeds, Grenville, and Lanark District Health Unit has announced it's reopening its offices in Brockville and Smiths Falls to the public.
The Leeds, Grenville, and Lanark District Health Unit is reporting four new cases of COVID-19.