Carbon Monoxide Detected At Barry's Bay Arena

Paul_J_Yakabuski_Community_Centre (2)

The Paul J. Yakabuski Community Centre in Barry's Bay will remain closed until further notice after Carbon Monoxide was detected in the arena. Testing was done after multiple reports of headaches and nausea from hockey team participants on Saturday. The suspected cause was a propane heater on the ceiling over the bleachers that may have malfunctioned. Area hospitals have been notified and anyone who was in attendance at the arena and is still experiencing a persistent headache, nausea or vomiting is advised to go to hospital for assessment. Meanwhile, time lapse testing to isolate the source and fix the problem continues at the Arena..