Air Fried Chicken Parmesan
Ready in less than 20 minutes, this chicken Parmesan made in the air fryer is a quick and easy recipe for any night of the week. It’s just as crispy as the original version, and the addition of real butter serves up extra flavor. Pair this air fryer chicken Parmesan with our baked ziti or your favorite pasta recipe.
1 pound chicken cutlets*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking oil spray
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees Farenheit.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a shallow dish.
- Brush chicken with melted butter, then dip in breadcrumb mixture, pressing down until chicken is well-coated.
- Once preheated, spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Add chicken to basket and lightly mist with cooking spray. Cook for 6 minutes. Cook in batches of 2-3, depending on the size of your air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd the chicken.
- Turn chicken over and top each piece with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce and 1 tablespoon shredded Mozzarella cheese (or more depending on size of chicken) and 1/2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, until golden brown and cheese melted and internal temperature is at least 165 degrees.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite pasta, or our easy baked ziti.
*Can substitute regular chicken breast for chicken cutlets. Simply cut two chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 thin chicken cutlets.