No Admitted Patients with COVID-19 at Health Sciences North
WEEKLY MEDIA BULLETIN FOR SEPTEMBER 18th PROVIDED BY HEALTH SCIENCES NORTH
- Although there are no admitted patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, HSN is reminding the public of the need to follow important prevention advice from Public Health Sudbury and Districts as there are 6 active cases of the virus in the community.
- The virus simply cannot spread easily if we limit our travel, keep our distance and wear face coverings, wash our hands often, and stay home and call for testing when we don’t feel well.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn in all indoor public places in Sudbury and should be worn in all other settings where physical distancing of 2 meters cannot be maintained.
- Close contact is only permitted within “social circles” and among members from the same household. A social circle can only include up to 10 people and must always be with the same people. You can only belong to one social circle.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, be sure to contact HSN’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre for possible testing. To book your appointment you can call the Assessment Centre at 705-671-7373 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, 7 days a week. For safety reasons, walk-ins are not allowed.
- You can also avoid waiting on hold and simply fill out the online request for a testing appointment here- www.hsnsudbury.ca/Requestanappointment