OPP Locate Stolen Vehicle & Lay 22 Charges Against 3 People
On January 28, 2021 at approximately 10:30 a.m., members from the West Parry Sound Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were on general patrol on Highway 69 near Britt, north of Parry Sound. Officers attempted to stop a southbound vehicle which fled from police. Officers located the vehicle on Highway 69 in Pointe Au Baril, Ontario.
As a result of further investigation, a 38 year-old woman, a 21 year-old woman, both of Sudbury, Ontario, and a 36 year-old of Sagamok Anishnawbek First Nation, Ontario are charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime - over $5000
- Possession of a Schedule I substance - methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance - cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance - opioid (other than heroin)
- Operation while impaired - alcohol and drugs
- Flight from peace officer
- Obstruct peace officer
- Personation with intent to avoid arrest, prosecution or obstruct justice (identity fraud),
- Driving while under suspension
- Careless driving
- Speeding 1 - 49 km/h over posted limit
The three accused are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound on March 4, 2021.
You may be interested in...
“I was totally shocked to get the call, I thought it was a joke,” said Debbie, “then Cleo thought the same thing when I called him! I bought tickets twice this month but even so, you still never expect to win!”
There are currently 112 active cases of COVID-19 in the Sudbury and Manitoulin Districts after 18 new infections were confirmed and three cases resolved on Wednesday.
As of noon on March 4, 2021 HSN has no patients admitted who have tested positive for COVID-19. 8 patients admitted to HSN are currently being tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.