Brockville City budget to be tabled next week
Brockville's 2020-2021 municipal budget will be tabled at Council's meeting on Nov. 10.
The budget process kicks off in the midst of COVID-19 and Brockville Mayor Jason Baker said the idea is to have the budget passed by March 9, 2021.
"It's a very involved process to look at every line item we have in our operating and capital budgets and we know it's going to be a challenging year in 2021 as we try to dig out from what was 2020," Baker said.
Public consultations are underway and the upcoming meetings of Brockville City Council will cover a number of budget areas:
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020: 2021 Budget Kick Off
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Water and Wastewater Capital Budget
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020: Public Hearing at POC for Building Services Fees
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020: Water and Wastewater Operating Budget + 2021 User Fees
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021: City Departments - Capital Budget
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021: City Departments - Operating Budget
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021: Community Partners
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021: Community Partners
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021: Placeholder for any outstanding items/requests for additional info. and/or 2021 Budget Approval
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021: Final 2021 Budget Approval date
There's no word yet on what the pandemic could mean for potential user fees or property taxes in the coming budget but in August, the City was reporting a $660,000 surplus.