Juice WRLD Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose
An Illinois coroner has ruled that rapper Juice WRLD died last month of an accidental overdose of pain medication.
According to a tweet on Wednesday by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office, the 21-year-old died “as a result of oxycodone and codeine toxicity,” and “the manner of death is accident.”
Juice WRLD, whose real name is Jarad Higgins, suffered a seizure in the early morning hours of Dec. 8 inside the Atlantic Aviation hangar at Midway airport after arriving on a private jet from Los Angeles. Chicago Fire Department said he had gone into "cardiac arrest" and was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
On Wednesday, his family thanked fans for their “undivided adoration and love” for Juice WRLD. “You guys meant the entire world to Juice and by listening to his music, watching his videos and sharing your stories about him, you are keeping his memory alive forever,” read a statement shared on social media. “We plan to honour Juice's talents, his spirit, and the love he felt for his fans by sharing unreleased music and other projects that he was passionately in the process of developing.”
A public tribute to the rising rap star will be held in Chicago.
Listen to music from Juice WRLD