Bathurst Youth Centre holds virtual 'Chaleur Outstanding Youth Awards'
The on-going COVID-19 pandemic didn't stop the Bathurst Youth Centre from recognizing outstanding young people from the Chaleur Region.
The annual Chaleur Outstanding Youth Awards took place Thursday night in a virtual format and honoured ten youth who excelled in various categories throughout the 2019-20 academic year.
- Academic: Emilie Mei Ling Risdon (BHS) and Eve Kamille Bourgoin (ESN)
- Courage/Bravery: Genevieve Hache
- Fine Arts: Kassidy Ellis
- Innovation: Tara Gover
- Performing Arts: Les Ananas
- Perseverance : Jayde Pitre
- Volunteerism : Danika Desroches
- Sports – Individual (in the memory of Trevor Wiseman): Nabil Riordon
- Sports – Equipe (in the memory of the Boys in Red): ESN Women's Junior Soccer Team
Bathurst Youth Centre's Executive Director Melanie Frigault says the youth are proof that the the future of the Chaleur Region is bright.