The City Of Calgary Has Installed Bookable Fire Pits With Free Firewood For Safe Outdoor Hangs!
It's here! the first weekend with Albertas new restrictions in hopes to slow down Covid 19. Some of the new updates include ;
- No indoor social gatherings permitted; outdoor gatherings, funeral and wedding ceremonies limited to 10 people
- Closure of banquet halls, conference centres and concert venues
- Closure of all levels of sport, though leagues can apply for exemption
- retail can remain open, limited to 25% occupancy
- dine-in service limited to ONLY members of same household
- Hair salons, personal wellness services are restricted to appointment only
-Students from grades 7-12 will end in-person learning on Nov. 30
- Students return to school on Jan. 11
- Mandatory for all indoor workplaces in Calgary and Edmonton zones
Most of these measures will last for at least three weeks. They will be reevaluated after that.
Knowing how important for our mental health it is to be both outside, and see people (especially for those who live alone) The City of Calgary has done something pretty cool and installed fire pits in big wide open spaces that we are able to book to safely hang with friends and family! The restrcitions are still in effect (no more than 10 people etc) But this is just really cool!
YOU CAN HEAD TO THE CITY OF CALGARY WEBSITE HERE TO BOOK
- Collingwood Off-leash Park – 1823 John Laurie Boulevard NW
- Country Hills Park – 529 Country Hills Drive NW
- Crescent Heights Park – 201 2nd Street NW
- Hillhurst – Riley Park – 800 12th Street NW
- Sunnyside – 625 3rd Avenue NW
- Big Marlborough Park – 6021 Madigan Drive NE
- Bridgeland Plaza – 912 General Avenue NE
- Taradale – Manmeet Singh Bhullar Park – 7306 64th Avenue NE
- Spruce Cliff – Cedar Crescent Park – 411 Cedar Crescent SW
- Evergreen Park – 1611 Evergreen Drive SW
- Meadowlark Park 0 20 MacKay Drive SW
- Copperfield Park – 41 Copperfield Pt. SE
As long as you have a permit (through booking the webiste) you will be provided with 2 hours of free firewood as well!! At the time os this blog being written (Nov 27th) they were overwhelmed with applications so booking has been temporarily suspended but hopefully they see that this is something we all really want and will open up again ASAP!!