“Bell Media Contests”
Contest Rules and Regulations for General On-Air and Website Contests
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to contests brought to you by Bell Media which are administered live on-air on its radio stations across Canada or on its radio stations’ websites (the “Websites”) unless there are specific contest rules for a particular contest. Please note that certain contests promoted on Bell Media’s radio stations or Websites may be brought to you by Bell Media in conjunction with another sponsor or by a sponsor other than Bell Media.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Bell Media runs many Contests throughout the year live on its radio stations and on its Websites across Canada. For these Contests, the Contest Period, duration and timing will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest and/or the Websites.
2. ELIGIBILITY: A Contest is open to all legal residents of Quebec and Ontario who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first day of the Contest Period unless otherwise noted by the on air host or on the Website. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of Bell Media (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter for a chance to win a Contest, follow the instructions given by the on-air host and/or the instructions mentioned on the Websites to find out how to enter and win a prize while listening to one of Bell Media 's radio stations or visiting one of its Website. You may be required to call in to the Bell Media radio station running that particular contest at the time and follow the instructions of the on-air host or a Bell Media employee or representative that answers the phone. There are many types of Contests and ways to enter which include one of the following:
a) listening and identifying a song;
b) calling in a radio station to identify your name followed by a random draw to select a winner;
c) calling in to win at the time specified by the on-air host or as the 9th or 10th caller or as specified by the on-air host; d) trivia questions or games;
e) checking one of our radio station websites for the song of the day and then calling in when you hear that song;
f) visiting our Websites to file an electronic entry form and answer a question or identified a song or artist;
g) by « liking » or commenting a post on the station’s Facebook page.
Some Contests may provide for additional entries (the “Additional Entries”) by performing specific actions which may include, but are not limited to: subscribing to specific social media; sharing information about the Contest on social media sites; liking on social media; following on social media; downloading an application; or other actions. The number of Additional Entries and the manner by which you can acquire them are mentioned when entering the Contest.
In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return a form declaration and release prepared by Bell Media before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released; and (iii) correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical time-limited skill testing question set out in the Bell Media form declaration and release, if applicable.
The place, date and time of the winner’s designation as well as the media used to notify the winner will be confirm on air by the host or will be indicated on the Website for each particular Contest.
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries (including Additional Entries, if applicable) received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned by the on-air host or by a Bell Media employee or any criteria mentioned on the Website.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter a Bell Media radio station Contest.
5. PRIZES: There are various prizes available to be won which will be identified by the on-air host or on the Website at the time of the Contest. The prize may include one of the following: movie passes, CD's, DVD’s, concert tickets, theme park passes, restaurant gift certificates, gift certificates for certain retail stores and gift baskets. Only one prize per household. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. If you are a declared winner, you must pick up your prize at the radio station that administered the Contest at the date and time identified by the host on air or identified on the Website. Potential winners will be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver’s license. Any costs incurred by a winner through the use of a prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering a Contest, you consent to Bell Media's use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
7. All decisions of Bell Media or it representatives regarding any Contest are final and binding. In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a Bell Media employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Bell Media reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Bell Media Contests.
9. Bell Media assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.
10. Bell Media reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest. Bell Media reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Bell Media and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases Bell Media, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant's participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
12. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
13. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.