Canada's Tory Lanez Nears Plea Deal In Megan Thee Stallion Case

lanez

Canada’s Tory Lanez, who stands accused of shooting Megan Thee Stallion in the foot in 2020, might not have to go to trial.

On Thursday, Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Kathy Ta told a judge prosecutors are having “meaningful discussions” about making a deal that would resolve the case.

The next scheduled court date is Nov. 3.

Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, was charged last October with assault with a firearm and possession of an unregistered gun in connection with the shooting on July 12, 2020. He pleaded not guilty the following month.

The 29-year-old Ontario native faces a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in prison if found guilty.

Tory Lanez: iHeartRadio.ca Music News Coverage

Last month, a judge ruled that Lanez violated a protective order when he appeared at July’s Rolling Loud festival in Miami Gardens, where Megan Thee Stallion performed. He was ordered to pay an additional $60,000 U.S. in bail, bringing the total to $250,000 U.S.

In a statement to Rolling Stone on Thursday, Lanez’s lawyer Shawn Holley said: “As in every case, the lawyers for the parties discuss the possibility of resolving the case. This case is no different. That said, our position as to what did and did not happen in this matter remains unchanged, and Mr. Peterson’s plea of not guilty stands.”

Artist Radio

Listen to music from Tory Lanez & Megan Thee Stallion

Check out the latest songs