LOCAL LOWDOWN June 8 - 10
ReggaeFest Afternoon Jam
- Really hoping the weather holds out for this event, but if it doesn’t then you can jam to some reggae tunes inside the Village Taproom while it rains outside! Who cares? You’re going to be drinking lots of Village Brewery beverages anyways, right? It’s happening on Sunday at 1PM – Hit up this site for your details: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/reggaefest-afternoon-jam-pop-up-event-tickets-46003124584
Inglewood Night Market
- This bad boy starts TONIGHT and you’re guaranteed to find some cool stuff while you meander about. Plus, you’re gonna eat well with all of the food trucks on site. This takes place in Inglewood (duh) just off 9th ave and 10th street and it goes from 5PM – 11PM. The website has all your info: http://www.inglewoodnightmarket.ca/
Also, while you’re there, make sure to check out Kranks Gourmet Apple Pie Pepper Jelly. One of our Rockaholics sent along this info: www.kranks.ca
Calgary New Age Market
- Here’s a text from a Rockaholic with all the info: "Calgary New Age Market happening this Saturday! Free entry, family friendly, best in hand crafted that Calgary has to offer. HillhurstSunnyside Community Association, 1320 5 Ave NW. We'd love to see you!" https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryNewAgeMarket/
Don't worry, it's not going to be anything like how JP Sears portrays it...
- Got an email from Sloan with all the details:
"I've got an epic 4 day metalfest happening this weekend at Distortion - Live Music Venue! It features 24 bands from all over Canada and parts of the US. It's called Decimate Metalfest. :D a portion of the proceeds from this festival will also be going to the Big Hill Haven Women's shelter in Cochrane.
Here is a link to the event!"
Toga Party at Club Rendezvous
- These guys are awesome – Here’s some details about their event:
"Hey Krys, would love to hear you promote out Toga party at Club Rendezvous this Saturday. Doors open at 9pm. Tickets are on our website" clubrcalgary.com
Actual image of me in my Toga Party outfit:
Feel free to message me on any CJAY 92 social media platform or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any event info you'd like me to include in the Local Lowdown for next weekend!