Some Resources To Be Actively Anti-Racist
These past few days have been a pretty hard pill to swallow to say the least. I know I’ve asked myself multiple times what can I do better as a white cisgender woman to help be actively anti-racist in the world as well as right here in YYC and I’m sure you have too so here are some rad resources I came across thanks to Syma Habib on Instagram!
- There is a documentary you can find on YouTube called YYC Colours, an exploration of racism in Calgary.
- There’s a lot of great Instagram accounts to follow like @theunlearningchannel .
- Another awesome insta account, @communitywise which has a website where you can learn more about anti-racist organizational change.
- Get in touch with your local MLA and let them know you’re angry about the current UCP government de-funding all anti-racism grants and initiatives in the province.
- Give @actiondignity a follow because they are a local non-profit that is working to address inequality and racism in Alberta.
These were just a few ways to get more educated and gain some important knowledge about what is going on in the world right now and how we can help in our own backyard. Let’s be better YYC.
A big thanks to Syma Habib for posting these resources!