Road closures in Owen Sound for Remembrance Day
Motorists travelling through downtown Owen Sound on Saturday, November 11th will want to watch for periodic road closures.
Delays can be anticipated to allow the safe passage of the Remembrance Day Parade from 2nd Avenue East at 9th Street East to the Veteran’s Memorial on 1st Avenue West, beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Parade Road Closures – 9:30 a.m. to parade end, approx. 11 a.m.
· 2nd Avenue East between 9th Street East & 8th Street East
· 1st Avenue East between 9th Street East & 8th Street East
· 8th Street East between 2nd Avenue East & 1st Avenue East
· Access to the Farmer’s Market (lot 6) and City Hall (lot 1) parking lots will be restricted during the road closures
Memorial Service Road Closures - 9:30 am - 12 p.m.
· 8th Street West between 1st Avenue East & 2nd Avenue West
· 1st Avenue West between 8th Street West & 9th Street West
All vehicles parked on the affected municipal roadways and parking lots at or after 9:30 am are asked to remain in place for the duration of the rolling closure of the parade and may leave from their parked positions only after the procession has passed and the road has been reopened.
Conventional Transit Disruptions:
To avoid the planned closures, the Brooke and Core route will temporarily bypass 8th Street and detour along 9th Street. Regular service will resume as the roads begin to open.