Why January 20th Matters In Rock History
It’s January 20th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1982, Ozzy Osbourne famously bit the head off of a bat during a show in Des Moines, Iowa. A fan had thrown the bat on stage and, stunned by the lights, it laid motionless. The Prince of Darkness thought it was fake so he picked it up and attempted to bite its head off but the bat started to flap its wings and Osbourne realized it was real. The rocker wound up being rushed to a hospital and was forced to get a series of rabies shots.
- In 1969, a student at New Jersey’s Ocean County College named Bruce Springsteen got two of his poems published in his school’s literary yearbook.
- In 1983, Def Leppard released their third album, Pyromania. The record featured new guitarist Phil Collen and was produced by Robert "Mutt" Lange.
- In 1988, The Beatles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and Sean and Julian Lennon all attended, but Paul McCartney did not. Instead, he sent a letter stating explaining that his absence is due to continuing business differences with the other ex-Beatles.
- And in 1999, Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland, while on probation for a 1997 heroin case, was arrested for failing to provide a urine sample to his live-in drug treatment center.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
There is a lot of confusion surrounding Childish Gambino’s new surprise album that was released yesterday. There was a link that went to a site that was retweeted by his manager that lead to a bunch of new songs available to stream including songs that were featuring Ariana Grande, 21 Savage and SZA on the website.
The tweet and entire account ended up being deleted and the website is no longer available.
Niall Horan finally released Heartbreak Weather! What do you think of it?
Disney releases Frozen 2 on Disney Plus early.
Niall Horan will be coming to Toronto for the #iHeartRadioSecretSession! As revealed yesterday on iheartradio.ca, the Secret Session will be happening March 19th at a top secret location. (0:12)
Fans have been expressing great concern for Post Malone’s health after videos were going around online of him on stage looking like he was really out of it. Posty addressed these concerns when at a recent show. (0:41)
Rihanna just opened her own Fenty Beauty Tiktok House. (1:44)
Coronavirus continues to impact many music events around the world. It was announced that Ultra Music Festival, and SXSW are cancelled due to concerns of bringing together such large groups of people - and there is word that Coachella could be the next event to be shut down. (2:32)
Poor ticket sales have forced Justin Bieber to downsize eight shows on his upcoming Changes Tour. (3:10)