Sam Smith Believes They Had COVID19

    UNSPECIFIED LOCATION - APRIL 18: In this screengrab, Sam Smith performs during "One World: Together At Home" presented by Global Citizen on April, 18, 2020. The global broadcast and digital special was held to support frontline healthcare workers and the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization, powered by the UN Foundation. (Photo by Getty Images/Getty Images for Global Citizen )
    UNSPECIFIED LOCATION - APRIL 18: In this screengrab, Sam Smith performs during "One World: Together At Home" presented by Global Citizen on April, 18, 2020. The global broadcast and digital special was held to support frontline healthcare workers and the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization, powered by the UN Foundation. (Photo by Getty Images/Getty Images for Global Citizen )

    Sam Smith believes they contracted COVID-19.

    “I didn’t get tested but I know I had it. 100 percent had it,” the singer told Zane Lowe. “I'm just going to assume that I did because everything I've read completely pointed to that. So yeah, I think I definitely had it.”

    Smith (who last year adopted gender-neutral pronouns) said one their sisters, who is living with them, started to show symptoms five days later. The pair remained in isolation for three weeks. 

    “It was clear because I’ve got an older nan and stuff, so we didn’t want to risk anything,” said Smith. “I got over it, luckily.”

    Less lucky was the timing of Smith’s new album, which was due to be titled To Die For and released on May 1. Last month, Smith said the album title will be changed and the release has been bumped to June 5.

    Last week, they released “I’m Ready,” a collaboration with Demi Lovato.